Navigating the mental health care system can be complicated—The NAMI Compass helps individuals and families affected by mental health issues find their way.
Started in Fall of 2015 by NAMI Massachusetts, The NAMI Compass is a helpline operated by peers and family members called Navigators who have first-hand experience dealing with problems related to behavioral health issues. These Navigators are trained volunteers ready to answer a wide range of questions and provide confidential support to people in a safe setting, helping individuals and families find the resources they need.
Common Questions & Topics Include…
- Where to find peer & family support
- How to access treatment (including substance abuse treatment)
- Police & Legal System Support
- Housing, Employment, & Financial Stress
- Discharge Rights
- Insurance Issues & Questions
- and much more!
To Contact The NAMI Compass, Please Call (617) 704-NAMI (6264) or toll-free, (800) 370-9085, Monday-Friday 9 am to 5 pm.